US East Coast Day 1: Vancouver-Dallas/Ft. Worth-New York

On Jan. 12, 08 I started my week long trip to New York, Philadelphia and Washington D.C.

Usually a flight from Vancouver to New York direct would be about 5 hours, but since I redeemed my flight from Japan Airlines mileage bank, I had to fly with American Airlines (their alliance partner).

Since American Airlines no longer has any direct flights from Vancouver to anywhere else but Dallas, I had to fly to Dallas to change flights. They used to fly direct to New York, Boston, Dallas, Miami, Washington D.C. if memory serves me right when they had a partnership with the now defunct Canadian Airlines.

Arriving at Dallas, the airport is so big that you have to board a train to change terminals to get to your next gate:

Photobucket


The new international terminal in the background:

Photobucket

Photobucket

All you see there are narrowbody American Airlines aircraft:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The airport train stations are located on the roof of the terminals:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A Sony electronics vending machine, first time I had seen this before, you can buy digital cameras, video games etc. from this thing:

Photobucket

From the gate:

Photobucket

Takeoff:

Photobucket

The Texas landscape, nothing but highways and sprawl:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty cool you got a ticket to go somewhere. I've never been to the States. I have to say the Sony vending machine is really cool. It's these things that I want to see.