US East Coast Day 8: Washington D.C. Back to Vancouver

On Jan. 19, 08, I had to take a taxi from my hotel in the suburbs of D.C. (Vienna, VA) to Washington Reagan National Airport that was just across the river from the National Mall. My original plan was the take the Metro from the hotel which would have taken me 30 minutes and cost less than $5 but that day being Sunday, the Metro did not start operation until 7am in the morning (compared to 5am on the weekdays) so there was no way I could have made it in time for my 7:15am flight. I ended up spending $40~ on a taxi ride.

The main terminal of Washington National Airport.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Nice display model of how the original National Airport looked like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The renovated portion of the original terminal building.

Photobucket

Take off!

Photobucket

Amazing bird's eye view of D.C. coming up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Arrival at Dallas' massive new Texas-sized airport to transfer to a plane to Vancouver.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were told my the captain that this was Colorado Spring, CO

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bird's eye view of Vancouver.

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: