Seoul Day 4: Incheon International Airport

3 months have passed since my last posting, and its time to continue where I left off.

During the past 3 months, two of which were spent intensely studying for the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam Level 2. I completely underestimated the test and whether I passed or not, I learned a lot of new things during those months of study.

Now back to the original topic of this post. I took these pictures on May 5, 08 on our last day in Seoul. Despite the large size of the airport, there was almost nothing to do while waiting for our flight at the airport.

Regarding the shops in the airport, every single one of them was a duty free shop which sold luxury goods priced in U.S. dollars, not Korean Won, even though we were in Korea. I found this quite strange, but I guess the duty free shops can make more money from the exchange rates. Also what few shops that weren't selling luxury goods were selling merchandise that only targeted the Korean people. I thought this was kind of weird that for an international airport that they didn't have any other types of shops which offered amenities to the international traveler like newspapers, snack food, etc.

The departure hall:

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Outside at the Departure Drop-Off Area:

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the Intermodal Transportation Centre:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The airport railway which doesn't go directly into the city centre of Seoul yet. If you took this, you would have to change to a subway car to get into the centre of Seoul. No wonder there are no passengers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Diagram of the station.

Photobucket

Map of the airport.

Photobucket

Map of the airport in relation to the city of Seoul.

Photobucket

Exhibit showing the future of getting into Seoul via the airport railway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back into the atrium of the transportation centre.

Photobucket

On the secure airside area of the airport.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our delayed flight. We were supposed to take off at 7 pm but was delayed until 8:30 pm. The flight time was approximately 6 hours from Seoul to Singapore so we arrived in Singapore at around 2-3 am.

Photobucket

Waiting in the gate area.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kin said...

Nice to see you updating.I can for sure tell that you worked really hard studying for JLPT Level 2, I hope you passed. One comment I have is that the airport really looks futuristic with all the pipes and bends in the architecture. I found it weird when I read that they don't sell much except for Korean stuff. I would have at least thought there were newspapers or the like.

Raykziee said...

hey ya.. goin to incheon on May 2011, i know it's 10 months from now. but i'm very excited as i'm 1st to go there.. can recomend any nice place to visit. thx alots =)